Friday, November 25, 2005

Madaga..What?

We just finished watching the movie Madagascar. I am sitting here wondering if there is a part 2. R is searching the DVD as I type. It was a good movie and it was freakin hilarious but we kinda wonder what happened. The lion doesn’t eat for days and finds satisfaction in sushi? Um, I don’t know if this is such a great message. I know lions eat fish, but, uhh?!? Each animal has such specific instincts that you can’t change them or alter them. That’s why we can’t keep baby tigers as house pets even though they are so cute. I would have loved to see this movie end in a way that the lion recognizes that he is a predator and his friends understand that and accept it. Oh, and the lion just knows not to eat his friends because that would be bad.

Sometimes I just think that these animators are dying to make movies that look really cool that the movies and their stories are leaving us hanging. Now sit me infront of Monsters, Inc. or Finding Nemo and I’m a happy camper.

1 comment:

  1. There is no part two. That movie just came out last week on DVD (I am sure you know that by now) We are big cartoon lovers in this house. Not just the kids, but, me and T as well. I didn't like Madagascar and like you, found it so stupid that he was so easily satisfied with sushi.

    But, when you think of Lion King, Simba survived years on bugs. I always wondered what he ate after he went back to pride rock. They made two other movies after the original, and they NEVER touched on that. What did he eat? Zebra or grubs?

    ReplyDelete