Monday, November 28, 2005

The Tale of the Handhelds

The trouble with marrying a man obsessed with gadgets and all sorts of technology is that it is typically what I get as presents. Some men buy flowers and candy and sometimes jewelry. Me, I am showered with hi-def televisions, laptops, alarm clocks that do everything except put you in the shower. Just think of anything that appeared on The Jetsons and its most likely in this house. Either that or R is working on getting it in the house. I think you get the idea.

Recently R bought me the Game Boy Micro in his attempts to get me to watch less TV at bedtime so he can sleep better. I think it’s a great idea, except that I can’t seem to find a game I can actually play. I am terrible at video games. I do like to play Mario Party because it’s not like a real video game to me.

All weekend R was on the search for something very difficult to find. And as usual, especially when it comes to something like this, if he can’t have it, he wants it more than sex. He finally found and bought me a limited edition Nintendo DS in teal bundled with a special version of Nintendogs. Last night before we went to sleep, we were playing with this game. R has a DS in royal blue. We set up the dogs and some commands. It was fun. Then R was ready for sleep and I still had at least another hour of wake time left in me. So I continue to play. The problem with this game is that it uses a lot of voice commands. So there I am in the dark with my brand new DS that matches my VS jammies repeatedly holloring, ‘lay down’ until my pup learned the command.

I guess this game totally defeated the purpose of R getting a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I.am.so.jealous. You have TWO DS's.

    Bitch.

    Just kidding. But, I am jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete