Saturday, December 3, 2005

First Snow of the Season

It was the first snow of the season last night, but I tell you, I certainly didn’t want to be the first to see it. It started out as a typical night. After J went to sleep R watched the crappy hockey game on the DVR and then I watched a few Law & Orders. We went to sleep early because we wanted to watch Kronk’s New Groove, which is sort of a sequel to the Emperors New Groove. (Awesome and hilarious movie). Anyway, neither one of us could make it half way through, so we shut it off and went to sleep. For the first time in a long time I just conked right out. It would have been a really great night sleep.

J woke up around 2:30 with the worst barking cough I have ever heard. Yup, he has Croup. I went in there to turn on his humidifyer and give him a drink. It turns out he was worse than I thought so I immediately turned on the shower and made R sit in the bathroom with him until I spoke to the doctor. After I spoke to the doc, we took J out for a nice cold drive. We bundled him up, got dressed and got ready to head to the hospital if his weasing didn’t settle. As soon as we walked outside we noticed it started to snow. It was the first snow of this winter season. How beautiful but its really not something I want to be awake for at 3:30 in the morning.

Our ride consisted of a stop at White Castle. I felt like a pothead with a major craving. Well, R had the craving. I am glad we beat the 4:20 rush, though. How can you eat that stuff at 4am? My other question is, how can you eat that stuff at all. Just the thought of it makes me queasy.

We got home around 4:15 and it took us until 5 to get J to actually go to sleep. His weasing was gone, but I was still having concerns. We took him to the doctor this morning and he said he is fine. He just has Croup. Gave me a prescription to help with the barking cough and J has been acting normal all day. Just a cough and a super long nap that was about 3 ½ hours which R and I took advantage of and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment