Thursday, December 8, 2005

The Natural Food Chain

I have 3 completely useless cats living in my home. They suck me of money for their food, their litter and sometimes, I swear they are not even worth the free water. Since we have moved back into this house since the fire, we have had a little problem with mice. They seem to like the kitchen and thank god they stay in that vicinity. I am not much of a cooker, so it doesn’t bother me as much as someone who does use their kitchen on a more regular basis. I mean if you want to consider the carrot pancakes, mac & cheese and the grilled cheese I make daily ‘regular’, then be it.

So, again, I have been finding the middle child, Oscar, ‘watching’ the dishwasher for the past few days. At night he would just sit there and stare. The older buddy, Andre, who is a monster in size, walks into the kitchen meowing his big fat head off so whatever Oscar was trying to pay attention to would run away. The third cat, ChoCho, is such a scaredy cat that even a tiny mouse sighting would put him in hiding under the bed for a week.

This has been going on for days. Maybe even weeks. Last time when we saw this behavior we put out traps and caught the little pooper dropper and booted his rodent ass away, shall we say? So now I am stuck here watching Oscar watch the happenings of a little mouse that keeps leaving little pieces of shit in my cabinets. Aren’t cats supposed to catch mice? Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be? The dog chases the cat, the cat chases the mouse and the mouse eats the cheese? I don’t have any cheese!

Now, take it from years ago when we were living in our apartment, my little buddies would bring me cockroaches at night and leave them on the floor on my side of the bed. What happened to my little mousers? God I hope I never get roaches. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment