Saturday, December 3, 2005

A Little Piece of Heaven

Whenever we go out, Baby J is typically with us if we go to dinner, the mall, whatever. Tonight we had a birthday party for a friend of ours and I couldn’t but think that everyone there pegged me as the typical SAHM. They were all probably thinking that I dress like one, I wear my makeup like one, and mostly that I act like one. I am always asked what’s up and I always say nothing and if I do have something to say it’s about my son. Those without children probably think that I have no life and no sense of self. I even sat and talked to another, less experienced mom, all night telling her stories and such wonderful things to look forward to. And we left at J’s bedtime. What a bummer for all those party-goers, huh?

The one thing about being a mother is that nothing is more important that being one. This one, innocent, perfect little life depends on me for everything he knows. His food, his clean diapers, his kisses for his booboo’s. Everything. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done is to be a mom. These people who say that they would never become like me don’t know what they are missing. Maybe its not the right time to be a parent, but when it is, its just heaven.

1 comment:

  1. "It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done is to be a mom."

    Here, here. I couldn't agree more. :)

    ReplyDelete